Our client, an award winning, full-service UK 200 corporate law firm based in Leeds City Centre, is looking to recruit a Conveyancing Fee Earner. This is great opportunity join a firm that has been described as a ‘stand out performer’ as they continue to strengthen their position in the industry
The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative support and assistance to our team of Conveyancing Fee Earners in order to enable them to process a high-volume caseload of sale and purchase transactions.
Main responsibilities and duties are: –
1. Case Management
- Provide administrative assistance to the Conveyancing Fee Earner to manage a caseload of approximately100 new instructions per month;
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with the client and introducer where necessary;
- Apply for searches;
- Obtain completed property information forms;
- Obtain or deal with the Home Information Pack;
- Deal with correspondence or communications from any party as directed by the Conveyancing Fee Earner;
- Scan or file incoming post;
- Processing the administration tasks involved in a sale and purchase transaction;
- Preparation of Contracts and other documents;
- Check Identification;
- Bring any issues which may affect a client matter to their attention of a Conveyancing Fee Earner or Manager in a timely manner;
- Deal with telephone calls made by the client, borrower or third parties;
- Keep all parties in the transaction up to date at all times such as client, introducer, solicitors and estate agents etc;
- Develop skills and knowledge of the conveyancing process; and
- Provide assistance on remortgage matters as required.
2. Financial Management
- Ensure there are no balances or debits on account following completion unless these are agreed retentions.
- Ensure all bills relating to legal work and disbursements are raised by and paid no later than completion
3. Quality Management
- Ensure the case management system is used to process all aspects of the transaction
- Ensure that accurate information is input onto the database;
- Ensure an appropriate manager is made aware immediately of any issues which may lead to a problem or complaint.
4. Other duties
- To assist with daily post duties on a rota basis.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience managing or assisting on a caseload of sale and purchase matters;
- Proven understanding of the sale and purchase transactional process;
- Proven ability to process tasks in a volume caseload and to working in a high-volume environment;
- Proven IT skills, in particular experience of using a case management system;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, working to strict deadlines and within Service Level Agreements and to other targets;
- An accurate and methodical approach to work, ensuring that processes, procedures etc are followed accurately;
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.