Conveyancing Fee Earner
Our client, an award winning, full-service UK 200 corporate law firm based in Leeds City Centre, is looking to recruit a Conveyancing Fee Earner. This is great opportunity join a firm that has been described as a ‘stand out performer’ as they continue to strengthen their position in the industry
The main purpose of role is to manage a caseload of sale and purchase transactions and provide support and direction to the Transactional Assistants.
Main responsibilities are: –
- An ability to manage a full caseload of sale and purchase and freehold and leasehold matters as deemed reasonable in relation to the process, fees and work referrer requirements of that caseload and to produce sufficient completions per month to achieve the monthly financial target set by the Unit Head;
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with the client and introducer where necessary;
- Carry out a title investigation;
- Raise enquiries on the title and documentation received;
- Deal with responses to enquiries, Exchange of contracts and Completions;
- Provide support and direction to the Transactional Assistant and other team members;
- Respond and action telephone queries from the client, borrower or third parties;
- Ensure accurate records, notes etc. are maintained on all matters;
- Keep all parties in the transaction up to date at all times such as client, introducer, solicitors and estate agents etc.;
- Liaise with the Quality and Technical Advisor to resolve any technical issues which affect the matter, bringing issues to their attention in a timely manner;
- Provide assistance on remortgage matters as required.
- Ensure there are no balances or debits on account following completion unless these are agreed retentions;
- Ensure all bills relating to legal work done and disbursements are raised by and paid no later than completion.
- Ensure the case management system is used to process all aspects of the transaction;
- Ensure that accurate information is input onto the database;
- Ensure the Transactional and Remortgage Team Leader is made aware immediately of any issues which may lead to a problem or complaint.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Detailed knowledge of the residential conveyancing process, from file opening to Completions;
- Proven experience of running a mixed caseload of sale & purchase transactional files (at least 80 files per month);
- Proven IT skills, in particular experience of using a case management system;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, working to strict deadlines and within Service Level Agreements and to other targets e.g. fees;
- Previous experience of working with an Assistant and helping in their coaching and development;
- A meticulous and professional approach to work, ensuring that processes, procedures etc. are followed accurately;
- Strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service;
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive Salary and Benefits