My client is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor who operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Supervisor responsible for supervising and installing where required the Electrical installation/maintenance of industrial equipment, plant and associated ancillary materials on Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations and Chemical Dosing Systems.
Working under the instruction of the Construction Manager, the Electrical Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing site activities to ensure that they are constructed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery. Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost-effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
It should be noted that this role may require the successful applicant to participate in an ‘on-call’ rota to provide emergency breakdown attendance.
Main duties: –
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance.
- Driving the installation, testing and certification of all aspects of the electrical installation.
- Assist in the installation at times when and if required.
- Red lining of construction drawings for ‘as built’.
- Part of a Multi-disciplined team – assisting other trades when required.
- Proactive approach to resolve problems that may arise during the construction process.
- Ensure all health and safety documentation is in place, is appropriate, specific, communicated, understood and amended as and when required.
- Briefing and recording of toolbox talks.
- Development of strong team working relationships.
- Assist in achieving all project KPI`s.
- Ensuring compliance to Nomenca and Client procedures.
- Bring innovative ideas.
- Meet set targets.
- Continually looking ahead to maintain and maximise productivity on site.
- To delivery installation ahead or on agreed time frames.
- Co-ordinate & liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams.
What are we looking for?
- An industry applicable Trade Certificate
- ECS CSCS Card
- SSSTS supervisory qualification
- First Aid Trained
- 17th Edition wiring regs
- Safety Awareness Training
- Water Industry knowledge (clean and waste water)
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- IT literate and competent
- Valid UK driving licence
What does the company offer?
For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications.