Engineer (Midlands/South East)
This role is the perfect opportunity for an outgoing person who has a love of travelling, fantastic organisation skills and a love for being in a live customer facing role, to join an ever growing, busy and energetic engineering team. The role will involve travelling to customer sites up and down the country, physical installation of the company hardware, cable routing, software configuration and face to face customer training with anything from one member up to 15+ on occasions to successfully deliver the end product to the client.
- On-site installation of the company visitor management products. This will include the physical fixing of the system as well as configuring the software and integration of the unit into the customer’s existing network.
- On-site installation of other software based products.
- Training new and existing customers on how to use products.
- Assist in the testing of new software releases.
- Preparing job packs ready for installation and imaging new systems as required.
- Provide in house support for other employees as required.
- A good technical understanding of Windows desktop and server operating systems • A technical understanding of common networking technologies such as Cat5, Switches, hubs, power injectors
- Previous experience of working with Paxton Door Access is desirable.
- Previous experience of working with Cat 5e, 6 and cable running is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in an ICT support related environment
- Confident in the use of power/hand tools to allow the physical installation/fixing of products (training will be provided to this end).
- Confident in dealing and speaking with customers in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to confidently deliver training sessions to small groups of customers
- The Company sells products nationally so a willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays is also required.
Normal hours of employment will be Monday to Friday with start and finish times varied dependent on installations. Total weekly hours will be 40 but can be up to 48 hours if required.
Any overtime between 40 and 48 hours is already incorporated in the base salary, anything above 48 hours will be paid at a rate of time and half.