Goods Inwards Operator
Our client based in Pudsey is seeking a Goods Inwards Operator on a temp to perm basis.
This role is primarily to receive raw materials, packing materials and other ordered items, book them on to the company ERP system and store them in the allocated areas.
The candidate will also be required to complete some production tasks such as manufacturing de-ionized water and helping other manufacturing areas with their packing requirements.
The role also requires the operator to keep the main yard, external racking and storage areas in good condition, tidy the area weekly, arrange for pallet collections and liaise with our waste disposal contractor for skip collections.
PRIME OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
To carry out goods receipt efficiently with the minimum of supervision
- Process manufacturing jobs for deionized water as required
- Underpin yard site cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Complete all receipting operations as required
- Ensure that deionized water stocks are always replenished
- Maintain the hygiene standards in the main yard, racking and storage containers
- Ensure all products handled in accordance with relevant quality, environment and health and safety procedures and fulfilling customer requirements.
- Works effectively under their own initiative.
- The ability to work carefully and follow instructions
- The ability to concentrate during periods of repetitive work
- Report any health and safety issues promptly
- Quick reactions to deal with immediate problems
- Input goods receipts into the site ERP system (EFACS)
- Working to defined operating standards and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate records of receipts or production and any other operational data as requested.
- Current Reach and Counterbalance FLT licences are mandatory for this role
- Good general education with GCSE passes in Maths and English, a science qualification would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Good team-working skills
- Understands current health and safety legislation and can adhere to it
- Able to develop own competencies in line with own job, regulation and legislation.
- Able to develop and support individuals and teams as required.
- Understand and use in-house computer programmes and utilise the current reporting.
- Contribute to all aspects of Quality assurance.
£19,000 per annum to be paid monthly on the 25th day of each month (or the nearest working day before the 25th). After the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period this will rise to £20,500 per annum.
40 hours per week, worked between 7.00 am and 7pm Monday to Friday (start at 8.00am and finishes at 4pm), with a 30 minute paid lunch-break to be taken to suit the business requirements.