Relabel/Solids Packing Operator
Our client based in Pudsey is seeking a Relabel/Solids Packing Operator to start on a temp to perm basis. You will carry out relabelling requests and packing operations of solid products following all current procedures, whilst ensuring a high degree of accuracy and following compliance with all health, safety and quality requirements and looking at all times to improve methods and productivity.
PRIME OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
To carry out packing operations efficiently with the minimum of supervision.
- Maintaining a high degree of accuracy during the packing process
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
- Contribute to keeping the workplace secure.
- Work effectively within own organisation.
- Complete all relabelling request as required to meet deadlines.
- Complete all packing operations as required.
- Pack down water packing request to meet order deadlines.
- Ensure all products handled in accordance with relevant quality, environment and health and safety procedures and fulfilling customer requirements.
- Maintain operational systems to achieve a “right first time” culture.
- The ability to work carefully and follow instructions
- The ability to concentrate during periods of repetitive work
- Quick reactions to deal with immediate problems
- An understanding of health and safety requirements
- Operate and maintain the effectiveness of all production equipment.
- Achieving the production targets set for the department on a daily/weekly basis.
- Working to defined operating standards and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate records of production and any other operational data as requested.
- Cleaning down plant and equipment and carrying out minor maintenance work.
- Monitoring the integrity of the plant and equipment for all aspects of safety and performance and instigating remedial action.
- Good general education with GCSE passes in Maths and English, a science qualification would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Good team-working skills
- Able to develop own competencies in line with own job, regulation and legislation.
- Able to develop and support individuals and teams as required.
- Understand and use in-house computer programmes and utilise the current reporting.
- Contribute to all aspects of Quality assurance.
£17,000 per annum to be paid monthly on the 25th day of each month (or the nearest working day before the 25th). After the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period this will rise to £18,500 per annum.
40 hours per week, worked between 7.00 am and 7pm Monday to Friday, with a 30 minute paid lunch-break to be taken to suit the business requirements.