Senior Accounts Manager
We are recruiting for a growing company within the construction industry based in Leeds.
- Essential: AAT Level 4 or CIMA Operational Diploma
- Essential: Leading a small finance team for 12 months
Main purpose of the role
- To ensure a good accuracy of financial reporting of business activities,
- Direct working relationship with the Operations Manager and Contracts Managers to ensure smooth running of the business,
- To provide information to ensure management have the information to ensure the controlled growth of the Company,
- Key working relationship with the Contracts Managers to ensure a good level of accuracy on monthly billing and job by job costing reports.
- Accurate nominal account processing up to trial balance,
- Weekly Bank Reconciliation,
- Organisation of supplier invoice filing and PO order processing,
- Month end processing/Year end processing,
- Production of monthly departmental management figures,
- Assisting external Accountants with the production of financial accounts,
- VAT Returns & HMRC Correspondence,
- Basic credit control and reporting to the Operations Manager – mainly liaising with Contracts Managers on balances and accurately allocating payments,
- Budget production, financial planning and cash flow planning assistance,
- Handling supplier contact regarding payment discrepancies/dates,
- Management of the Purchase Order System,
- Raising payments ready for authorisation from Operations Manager.
- Attention to detail, able to work with speed and accuracy,
- Forward thinking and enthusiastic approach,
- Ability to work within a small team environment.
- Terms and conditions of employment
- KPI related bonus negotiated upon completion of probation,
- 6 month probationary period,
- Hours: 9.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday,
- Unpaid lunch break: 30 minutes each day ,
- Overtime worked as required (additional hourly pay),
- Car parking available,
- Holiday: 20 days, plus bank holiday.
35,000 – 43,000 per annum