Setting Out Engineer
My client is seeing strong growth on the back of successfully delivering a number of projects as part of a number of long-term Framework agreements, and as a result they are looking to recruit new talent to support the Civils Divison. An opportunity has arisen for a Setting out Engineer.
Reporting to Contracts Manager, the site engineer is responsible for setting out line and level control for a site including adherence to the Q&A procedure set in place. The site engineer is responsible for communication of information to all trades over multiple disciplines. They must be able to competently understand all civil engineering drawings and be able to spot potential areas either for error or for value engineering to improve programme and cost. They must be conversant in setting out and surveying techniques and modern instrumentation.
What else will you be doing?
- setting out, levelling and surveying the site
- checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy
- ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant
- reviewing and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or designer
- liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- occasional day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- implementing quality control and health and safety matters on site
- preparing reports as required
- resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
What are we looking for?
- An industry applicable qualification
- Heavy civil engineering experience is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- First Aid
- CAD experience