Our client based in Pudsey is seeking a Credit Controller to work in their Accounts Department
Working within an Accounts Team of 4 and reporting to the Company Accountant the role comprises:
- Active Credit Control across the whole sales ledger using a recently installed ERP software – Merlin. This includes contacting customers by telephone, email, procurement portals and statements to obtain payment.
- Taking card payments over the telephone.
- Reconciling customer accounts, obtaining remittance advices and allocating unallocated receipts.
- Assessing new customer’s credit worthiness. Reviewing credit terms.
- Monitoring of accounts and potential release of orders where payment is overdue.
- Monthly Sales Ledger Close down and production of statements.
- Production of bespoke statements in the format required by certain customers.
- Upload of statement data onto customer procurement portals. This involves export of statement data from Merlin into Excel, manipulation into the customer’s format and upload onto their system.
- Obtaining Proof of Delivery information from our portal.
- Providing copy invoices.
- Production of credit notes for authorisation by the Sales Director.
- Cash posting, as necessary.
- Dealing with Bad debts.
- Production of sales invoices.
The post holder must be IT literate. Previous experience with Merlin is not necessary but must be very confident with Excel.
Good communication skills are essential both written and over the telephone.
This is a full time role working between 8.30am and 5pm with one hour for lunch.
We offer 25 days holiday increasing by one day per year after 5 year’s service up to a maximum of 30 days.
All staff receive membership of the Sovereign Healthcare Cash plan and are automatically enrolled into our pension scheme. Staff are included in our Group Life Insurance scheme.
We have free onsite parking