My client is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor who operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
Reporting to the General Foreman and coordinated by the Contracts Engineers & Site Supervisors, you will be responsible for the Mechanical installation/maintenance of industrial equipment, plant and associated ancillary materials on Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations and Chemical Dosing Systems.
This role may require the successful applicant to participate in an ‘on-call’ rota to provide emergency breakdown attendance.
Main duties include: –
- Installation of various Pumps utilised within the water industry – i.e. Booster Pumps, Sewage Pumps, Dosing pumps
- Installation of ductile iron, mild steel, stainless steel, UPVC & dual-contained pipework ranging from 80mm diameter to 900mm diameter
- Flanged & bolted pipework, threaded pipework, glued joins for UPVC, electro fusion/butt welded joins
- Installation of isolation, non-return, pressure relieve valves etc. and fittings
- Installation of Screening equipment, Filters, Scraper Bridges, Distributors, Penstocks, Kiosks, Dosing Rigs etc. typically found within the water industry
- Installation of steel fabrications, bracketry, hand railing etc.
- Part of a Mechanical & Electrical Gang – Assisting electrical trades when required
Key Responsibilities: –
- Responsible for the safe construction of minor works Mechanical Works.
- Taking leading hand for Mechanical Works
- Delivering the installation to meet the programme of works during construction phase
- Undertaking a 2 week look ahead to ensure all material, equipment, plant and resources are available to continue works without disruption
- Red-lining on site Issued For Construction drawings, marking them ‘As-Built’
- Innovate, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Complete site documentation
- Take responsibility for site safety, health and environmental issues
What are we looking for?
- An industry applicable Trade Certificate
- Site Safety
- Be proactive in your approach
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- An industry applicable ONC/NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Confined Space Training
- EUSR (Clean Water Hygiene)
What does the company offer?
For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications.